Cracker Barrel is one of my all time favorite restaurants to go to. It always feels like some southern soul food to me. One thing that they have always made that I seem to love the most is their Hashbrown Casserole. Now, I have been there on a Sunday in the morning time and to be honest, I will never goto one on a sunday morning again. After a bit of trial and error we have been able to recreate one of their most amazing dishes, so I can save money and just cook it at home.
- 2 lbs frozen hash browns
- 1/2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1/2 cup onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray an 11 x 14 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix the above ingredients together, place in prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes or until brown on top.