There is nothing better than some Country Sausage and Biscuit Gravy.. honestly I do not even need it just for breakfast but rather I can and do enjoy it at any point of the day. Well now it has been taken to the next level.. let’s stuff the biscuit full of everything.
- 8 ounces bulk country breakfast sausage
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- salt and pepper
- 1 (8-count) tube Grands refrigerated biscuits
- 1 egg, lightly beaten with a little water
- Cook sausage in a nonstick skillet, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
- Sprinkle flour over sausage. Stir and cook 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in milk.
- Add garlic powder, sage, and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer until thick.
- Either refrigerate gravy overnight or line a baking sheet with parchment paper, spread the gravy thin and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pull each biscuit apart into 2 layers.
- Place a 1-2 tablespoon spoonful of chilled gravy on a biscuit half and top it with another biscuit piece. Seal around the edges and tuck the edges under somewhat so they are less likely to pull apart.
- Repeat for remaining biscuits. Brush top of each biscuit with egg wash.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes.