These strawberry roll ups are actually extremely simple to make and most likely you have all the ingredients already around your house.
They taste just as amazing as they look and to be honest, if I could have these every single morning for breakfast them I would definitely do it. I have never had a breakfast items as amazing as these before in my life. I could open an entire breakfast restaurant with selling only these and I would make a huge success. They are just that darn good.
- 12 slices white sandwich bread
- 1/2 pint fresh strawberries
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (icing sugar)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 3 tsp granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Rinse, hull and roughly chop the strawberries.
- Put into a bowl and add 1 tsp sugar. Toss to coat.
- In another bowl, soften cream cheese in the microwave for about 10 seconds. Add in powdered sugar and stir to combine well.
- Flatten the bread slices with a rolling pin and trim off the crusts.
- Spread about a teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture along one edge of the bread. Top with about a spoonful of strawberries. Gently but tightly roll up the bread around the strawberries and cream cheese mix. Continue with the remaining bread.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk, remaining 2 teaspoons of sugar and cinnamon.
- Preheat your nonstick pan over medium heat. Add a bit of oil and a pat of butter.
- Coat the rolls in the egg mixture and place seam side down. When browned, turn a quarter turn and continue until all sides are cooked and browned nicely.
- Remove to a plate, dust with more powdered sugar, if desired, and top with remaining strawberries.