The sandwich is just oozing with deliciousness. If you love avocados or love grilled cheese then we have the sandwich for you. I would have to say that this sandwich ranks up there are one of my favorites. It actually is equal to if not better than our Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese
So let’s get to the sandwich and please let us know what you think
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 2 avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 2 cloves garlic
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 8 slices Bread
- Combine spinach, goat cheese, avocados and garlic in the bowl of a food processor; season with salt and pepper, to taste. With the motor running, add olive oil in a slow stream until emulsified. Stir in mozzarella.
- With a butter knife, spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Place 4 slices, buttered side down, on work surface. Divide avocado mixture evenly on all slices. Top with remaining slices, buttered side up.
- Heat a large skillet over low heat. Add sandwiches and cover; cook, turning once with a spatula, until golden brown and the cheese has just melted, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Slice and serve immediately.