If you are a big Beef and Broccoli fan than this recipe is for you. Recently I stumbled across this recipe over at HealthFood and thought to myself that I really must try this. I had a bunch of ramen noodles leftover and I was trying to figure out what to do with them. After making this simple and easy dish, I quickly decided that I really needed to share this recipe with you guys as it was definitely a hit. So without further ado.. here it is. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did
- 3 packets ramen noodles seasoning packet discarded (3 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oil divided
- 3 cups broccoli
- 1 pound flank steak or skirt steak thinly sliced against the grain
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup low sodium beef broth
- 6 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/2-1 teaspoon Sriracha depending on how spicy you would like it
- sesame seeds for garnish if desired
- Add steak, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar to a medium bowl.
- Marinate for 1 hour or overnight in the fridge.
- Mix together all of the sauce ingredients.
- Cook the ramen noodles according to the package instructions. Set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a large skillet.
- Add in broccoli and sauté over medium heat until tender but still crisp.
- Remove the broccoli from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the pan. When pan is almost smoking add in beef. Sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Toss in garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli back to the pan along with the sauce. Stir and simmer until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Toss in the noodles and stir to coat.
- Serve immediately with sesame seeds if desired.