So rich, creamy and delicious! After mixing the ingredients I like to return it back to the squash and cook it inside so it brings out even more flavors. We like to make the dish at least once a month, especially during the summer months where we have a lot of squash that is growing in our garden. If you make any of our recipes, please do post a photo of your dish and use the hashtag #OhDip we would love to see what everyone is doing with our recipes.
- 1 spaghetti squash halved and baked at 400F 40 minutes until tender
- 1/2 lb chicken breasts cut into 1-in cubes
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Using a fork, scrape out the inside strands of spaghetti squash and place in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, saute chicken, onion, garlic, and broccoli in butter until chicken is no longer pink and broccoli is tender.
- Stir flour into skillet and slowly add milk and cream until smooth. Bring sauce to a low boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally until sauce is thickened. Remove from heat and stir in salt and pepper to taste and Parmesan cheese.
- Pour sauce over spaghetti squash and gently toss until combined. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Spread mixture in a greased 9×13 baking pan and sprinkle top with mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Bake spaghetti squash at 375F 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Remove bake from oven and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Enjoy!