Who else loves Cheesy Spinach Dip? I could eat it everyday! It has to be homemade type of a good sit down restaurant type. Can not be that jarred junk or any type of frozen dinner type junk.
If you have never made homemade spinach dip then you will be shocked at how simple it really is.
Now with this recipe.. be prepared to have your never all time favorite dish! No joke.
- 2 and 1/2 cups uncooked penne rigate
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup half and half or whole milk
- 1 pkg dry Ranch mix
- 5 oz frozen spinach or half of a batch of fresh
- 1 and 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Butter a 2 quart baking dish. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to the instructions on the packaging. Drain and keep warm.
- Dice chicken, season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle flour over chicken and toss to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, mix together sour cream, cream cheese, Ranch mix, half and half and spinach.
- Add cooked pasta and chicken to the spinach mixture and stir all together. Transfer the mixture into the prepared dish.
- At this point, you can cover the dish with saran wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- If serving right away, top the dish with cheese and bake for 10 minutes at 375 degree F oven. The cheese should be melted. You can then turn the oven to broiler (on low setting) and broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until the cheese bubbles up and gets golden brown spots.
- Let stand in room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.