A few nights ago we decided to make this recipes and OMG I wish I would have made enough to feed an army. Our family of 5 people and EVERYONE went back for more and next thing I know.. everyone is full and there are none left. Don’t get me wrong, I had seconds too BUT I still wish I would have made more because they were just that good. I will never make chicken alfredo the same.. ever again
- 1 jar (16 oz) Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 cups cooked broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar (or mozzarella) cheese
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan
- 21 jumbo pasta shells, cooked
- 1½ – 2 cups spaghetti sauce (optional, but I love the combination of Alfredo with tomato sauce!)
- Salt/Pepper to season (if needed)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix alfredo, chicken, broccoli, and cheeses.
- Spoon mixture into pasta shells.
- Grease 13 x 9 baking dish with butter or cooking spray.
- Evenly spread spaghetti sauce on bottom of baking dish.
- Arrange shells in baking pan.
- Cover with foil and bake 35 minutes until heated thru.
Extremely Helpful Notes
Remember that the noodles need to be cooked prior to stuffing. I usually like cooking them 1-2 minutes under what the package says, that way they are fully cook once done baking in the oven!
One time we tried adding more items to our liking because this recipe is so easy to modify. One easy filling addition — chopped cooked bacon!
Tip #1: You can prep all items in advance, right up to the point of baking. Keep covered in refrigerator until you are ready to bake.
Tip #2: Own a cookie scoop? Use your cookie scoop to easily stuff your shells! Saves so much time
Tip #3: You can freeze this! Just pre-assemble all the noodles with the filling. Freeze stuffed noodles without the red sauce. Then, thaw when ready to bake!