Everyone knows the casual and basic chicken alfredo, with this recipe we took it to the next level and made it into one of the best chicken alfredo rolls this world has ever seen. One bit of this and you are instantly taken to flavor town.
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 2 ½ cups alfredo sauce (optional homemade recipe below)
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- garlic salt
- 3 cups shredded Mozzarella, or cheese of your choice
- Spray an 8×8 pan with non-stick spray and pour ½ cup alfredo sauce, or just enough to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Boil 8-10 cups water in a large pan, cook lasagne noodles until al dente. (I usually cook 1 or 2 extra just because lasagna noodles always seem to break on me when I am stirring them.)
- Now, this is the important part! Drain and rinse the noodles with cold water to prevent them from sticking to each other. Then, layout each noodle individually and blot dry with a paper towel.
- Spread about 2 Tbs. alfredo sauce over each noodle. (if there is too much sauce you will have a big mess on your hands!)
- Sprinkle oregano and garlic salt on top of sauce.
- Take 1/9 of the shredded chicken and spread it out evenly over each noodle.
- Add approx. 3 Tbs. cheese. To roll up, start at one end and roll the noodle over the toppings.
- You will need to lift the noodle a little to prevent squishing out the inside ingredients while rolling.
- Place the roll-ups in the pan, one by one, seam-side down so they don’t come undone.
- Once they are all in the pan, pour the remaining alfredo sauce over the top.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted on top.