If you are short on time and want something quick and yet tasteful then this recipe is for you!
The recipe comes together quickly because you use some simple ingredients that you most likely have just sitting around your house. You can even use canned chicken if your heart desires so. However, do not let the simplicity of this recipe fool you, it hold a fun trip down to flavortown.
- 1 box Chicken-flavor Rice-A-Roni (6 Ounce Box)
- 1 can Cream Of Mushroom Soup (10 Ounce Can)
- 1 container Sour Cream (8 Ounce Size)
- 1 whole Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 container French-fried Onions (6 Ounce Can)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Prepare Rice-A-Roni according to package directions.
- While that is cooking, shred/cut up the chicken (I always use a rotisserie chicken, but you could use leftover chicken or some cooked and shredded breasts, whatever), removing meat from bones.
- When Rice-A-Roni is done, add the can of soup and the sour cream, and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken and mix together.
- Spread mixture into a sprayed baking dish (9-by-13-inch pan), but you can use what you like for how thick you want it to be) and bake, uncovered, at 350 F for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cover with the french-friend onions and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and try not to eat the whole thing.