By far the best hawaiian chicken tacos that I have ever stumbled across. Recently I was browsing the internet trying to find a new recipe to try out. We like to at least once a week try something completely new. Anyways we came across this recipe for the tacos from PinchOfYum, once we tried it we knew instantly this was a hit of a dish. At the very end we have included their video they made. 🙂
- 1.25 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, minced (remove ribs and seeds for less heat)
- half of a red onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 jalapeño (remove ribs and seeds for less heat)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried dill (or about 1/4 cup fresh)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh chives (or sub 1/2 teaspoon onion powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees (broil setting).
- Place all chicken ingredients in the Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes (20 if frozen). Release the pressure and shred chicken directly in pot.
- Transfer shredded chicken to a baking sheet lined with foil. Broil for 10-15 minutes until browned.
- Pulse jalapeño ranch ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Toss some of the dressing with finely shredded cabbage to make a slaw.
- Serve chicken in warm tortillas with slaw and an extra drizzle of jalapeño ranch, slices of avocado, extra pineapple, cilantro, red onion, etc.