Every since I was a little kid my grandparents would make different dishes with a variety of ways with cabbage. Every week in the summer and often times in the winter also, we would find yourself at the dinner table with some sort of cabbage dish. To be honest, I loved it and still do to this day. Granted we do not cook it every week but at least once a month. Over the years this recipe has become our families goto recipe
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large head cabbage, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Place the bacon in a large pot and cook over medium-high heat until crispy.
- Place in the onion and garlic; cook and stir until the onion in nice and caramelizes
- Immediately mix the cabbage into the pot and continue to cook and stir for approximately 10 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Turn the heat down to low, cover, and simmer,
- stirring occasionally
- Cook about 30 minutes once everything added together.
- Remove from heat and enjoy