Do you love fried pickles? Do you enjoy Jalapenos? If you were able to answer yes to either of those questions than more than likely you will completely love Fried Pickled Jalapeños with Sour Cream Ranch. I have never made or seen anything so amazing in my life. This recipe quickly went to the top of my most favorite dishes EVER! Are you ready to see why? Here we go.
- 1 (16-oz.) jar deli-sliced pickled jalapeños (such as Marzetti’s Deli Sliced Jalapeños)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 teaspoon lime zest plus 1 Tbsp. fresh juice (from 1 lime)
- 3 cups canola oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Drain jalapeños, and reserve 1/4 cup juice from jar. Lay drained peppers in a single layer on paper towels. Top with more paper towels, and gently press to absorb excess liquid.
- Stir together sour cream, ranch dressing, lime zest, and lime juice in a small bowl, and set aside. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium.
- While oil heats, whisk together flour and taco seasoning in a shallow dish. Whisk in water and reserved jarred juice until smooth.Step 4
- Toss dried jalapeño slices in cornstarch to coat, and shake off any excess. Lightly toss coated jalapeño slices in batter mixture, and allow excess to drip off.
- When oil has reached 375°F, fry jalapeños, several at a time, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Use a spider or slotted spoon to transfer fried jalapeño slices to paper towels. Repeat with remaining jalapeño slices; serve immediately with sour cream ranch dip.