All the amazing flavor of the traditional lasagna but none of the traditional work and clean up. You have no need to even worry about boiling the noodles and layering everything out. Everything here is perfect for those lazy nights where you do not really feel like cooking but you still have mouths to feed. Also another major perk is the clean up is simple! Let’s get into the recipe..
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 – 25 oz jar spaghetti sauce of your choice
- 3 cups water
- 4 cups dry mini lasagna noodles (mafalda noodles, can be switched for penne or rotini, avoid regular lasagna noodles as it makes it more of a soup dish )
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup cottage cheese or ricotta
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Press the saute function and once the pot is hot, add the ground beef, salt, and pepper. When almost all of the pink is gone, add it the onions and garlic, and cook until the onions are translucent. Drain grease if there is any. Also scrape any bits off the bottom to prevent the burn signal.
- Press cancel. Add in the sauce. Mix to combine.
- Add the noodles on top of the meat and sauce mixture.
- Add the water on top of the noodles. Do NOT mix. Gently press down any noodles that are not submerged in the water.
- Place the lid on your pot. Secure and set to sealing. Set the time to 4 minutes (high pressure).
- When the pressure cycle is done, quick release the pressure (you don’t want the noodles to over cook). If there is foam it is spurts out. Close the valve for 3 seconds, open for 3 and repeat until spurting stops.
- Stir in the cottage cheese.
- Add the mozzarella on top. Place the lid back on to trap the heat. Let sit until it is all melted and amazing.
- Serve immediately.