Once you wrap something in bacon it instantly becomes 10x better however with this particular recipe the combination of bacon, cream cheese and jalapeno makes it a burger that you will never forget. It is by far the best burger I have ever had in my entire life and I will be adding it to our weekly rotation of wonderful meals. So let’s get into how to make the masterpiece.
- 6 jalapeno peppers
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 strips bacon
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Grill the jalapeños over medium-high heat until charred all over, about 6-8 minutes.
- Place the peppers in a zip-lock bag or another sealable container, seal and let them cool until you can handle them, about 20 minutes.
- Pinch the skins off of the peppers, cut in half and remove the seeds.
- Dice 2 of the jalapeño peppers and mix into the cream cheese.
- Divide the beef into 8 equal portions, form into patties, place 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture on 4 of them, top with the free patties, pinch the sides closed to seal and form into patties again.
- Season the patties with salt and pepper to taste and wrap each with 2 strips of bacon.
- Brush the grill with oil and grill the burgers over medium-high heat until cooked, about 4-5 minutes per side, topping each patty with a slice of cheese after flipping.
- Assemble the burgers and enjoy!