I have a deep love for Ranch, Chicken and Bacon.. and honestly I love stuffed shells. It all started when I made a Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells and every since then I have been trying to find different types of stuffed shells for our family to enjoy. After stumbling across this when I was trying to find a dishes similar to the Cheesy Bacon Potato Bake. Now the entire family is in heaven because we made this. My biggest tip if you have a hungry family like me… make extra because here each person consumed about 5-6 shells
- 24 uncooked large pasta shells
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced green onion
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, optional
- cooked bacon pieces
For the sauce:
- Ranch Chicken Stuffed Shells
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 (1oz) Ranch seasoning mix
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mist a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook the pasta shells
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce.
For the sauce:
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan.
- Whisk in the flour until a paste is formed.
- Cook 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Whisk in the milk.
- Cook on low heat until just slightly thickened. remove from the heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese. until melted.
- Stir in ranch packet.
Building the shells:
- Combine the shredded chicken, spinach, cheddar cheese, green onion, and 1/2 cup of sauce in a medium bowl.
- Fill each pasta shell with a heaping tablespoon of the chicken mixture and place in your 9×13 pan.
- Pour remaining sauce evenly over shells. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and bacon, cover, and bake 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove cover and cook an additional 5-10 minutes or until bubbly.
Adapted From OneSweetAppetite