Will be the hit with the family. What kid and even adult doesn’t love the joy of anything taco? For that matter who doesn’t love tater tots? If you have a hearty appetite then this is definitely the meal for the family, a small amount of food goes a long ways.
Incase you are wondering, it does not have any spice to it. You can add simple things like jalapenos to spice it up a little if you wish.
- 1 32 oz bag frozen tater tots (may not need entire bag)
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 (1.25 ounce) packets taco seasoning
- 1 (14½-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 (4 oz) cans diced green chiles, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Spray slow cooker crockery with cooking spray.
- Place frozen tater tots in a layer on the bottom of slow cooker.
- In a large frying pan over medium high heat, brown ground beef, working it into small pieces as it cooks.
- When meat is browned, drain fat, and following the instructions on the taco seasoning packets, add taco seasoning and water.
- Simmer according to seasoning directions (usually about 5 minutes).
- Transfer seasoned meat to slow cooker into a layer on top of the tater tots.
- Add drained tomatoes in a layer on top of the meat.
- Add a layer of drained diced green chilis
- In a bowl, combine sour cream and half of the shredded cheddar cheese, and spread over the diced green chilis.
- Cover and cook on LOW 4-5 hours, or on HIGH 2-3 hours.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of casserole, and cover again until cheese is melted (about 10 minutes.)
- Top with desired toppings, and enjoy!