Anytime I see something that involves Tater Tots it instantly grabs my attention. I have a tendency to always add cream of mushroom soup to them. Honestly, after making this it completely reminded me of eating shepards pie. However, I have to say that this packs a huge punk in the flavor department. Don’t believe me? Just try it and you will be glad that you did.
1 ½ pounds ground beef
1 (3-ounce) package real bacon bits
2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 (32-ounce) package frozen tater tots
1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
2 cups sour cream
Bread and butter pickles, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large pan, brown ground beef, then drain any excess grease.
- Mix browned beef, bacon, cheese, tater tots, cheese soup, and sour cream in a large mixing bowl until well-combined.
- Evenly spread mixture into baking dish, then bake 45-50 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Serve immediately with pickles, if desired. Enjoy!