Going to be honest, it reminds me of shepherds pie. However, I really love shepherds pie and have my own unique recipe that I always make when making shepherds pie but this one.. mmm.. this one definitely is upthere with matching is epic food deliciousness
- 1 package Ore-Ida® Steam n’ Mash® Cut Russet Potatoes
- 1 pound ground lean meat (beef or turkey)
- 3/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Jack Daniel’s® Barbecue Sauce, Honey Smokehouse™
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup crumbled real bacon
- 1/4 cup crispy fried onions, canned
- 2/3 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Coat 9×9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, onion, breadcrumbs, Barbecue Sauce, egg, chili powder and salt until well mixed.
- Gently press into bottom of baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Carefully pour off any excess fat if needed.
- Adjust oven to broil and place oven rack 6 to 8 inches from heat source.