We all have our favorite go to grilled cheese sandwich however, the other night we had tacos for dinner and then next day we had some left over taco meat and toppings. So my son and I decided to whip together something that we like to refer to as Taco Grilled Cheese. I know not a fancy sounding name but it will definitely be your hit for the day after leftovers.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 35g package taco seasoning
- 8 slices Dempster’s White Bread
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/2 cup iceberg lettuce, sliced thin
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- salsa, guacamole, sour cream, for dipping
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium high heat. Add in taco seasoning and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- On the non-buttered side, add lettuce, tomatoes, ground beef and cheese and cover with other slice of buttered bread. The buttered side should be facing outwards.
- Heat a skillet to medium-high heat. Grill each side for 2 to 3 minutes or until desired doneness is reached. Cut in half and enjoy hot. Serve with salsa, guacamole and sour cream for dipping.
- Enjoy your Taco Grilled Cheese!