It is so fresh and healthy that you actually forget that it is a simple dish. My son is completely addicted to tomatoes, so I figured one day I would try something a little bit different than your average way of eating them. Well since then I believe he has requested these for mid day snacks every week a couple times for the past 2 months.
- 4 tomatoes, halved horizontally
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place tomatoes cut-side up on a baking sheet. Top with Parmesan, oregano, salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil. Bake until the tomatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.