With fair and festivals not to far around the corner.. ofcourse after this virus stuff is over. We decided to take it upon ourself to start making our own deep-fried oreos because when I smell these and endulge upon them it instantly brings some extremely happy thoughts and memories to me. They are without a doubt a all time junk food favorite of mine and our family.
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 3/4 C whole milk
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- Freeze the Oreos for at least 2 hours. If you can freeze them for 24 hours then even better.
- Heat the oil to 375 F.
- whisk all the other ingredients until smooth.
- bring out the frozen oreos a few at a time.
- stick toothpicks into the ones you can.
- Drench in the batter and shake off slightly.
- Fry for 1 – 1 1/2 mins each side.
- Top with a sprinkling of powered sugar and serve warm!