Personally I love Snickers but to me it seems like recently they have changed something in the recipe so we have decided to show how we make our own version. I guess in hindsight maybe we just got use to our version so much that be started to favor it over the original? Let us know what you think.
- 12 oz. Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Caramel Bits *you can also use Kraft Caramels
- 1 Tbsp. Water
- ½ Cup Roasted Salted Peanuts, chopped
- 12 Muffin liners
- Place muffin liners into a muffin tin.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the chocolate chips on high in 30 second increments, stirring after each increment, until smooth.
- Spoon about 2 teaspoons of melted chocolate into the bottom of each muffin liner.
- In a separate microwave safe bowl melt the caramel bits and water in 30 second increments, stirring after each increment, until smooth.
- Stir in the chopped peanuts.Spoon about a tablespoon of the caramel mixture into each cup.
- If needed, reheat the chocolate to melt and spoon enough to cover the caramel and peanuts, about 2 teaspoons to a tablespoon.
- Let cool and set. If they don’t firm up place in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.