Everyone loves to indulge upon a couple pickles, some a little more than others but what about a modern version of bread and butter pickles? Well wait no longer, we have been enjoying these for years every summer and let me tell you we never get tired of having these around. We will usually do a couple different flavors in different jars that way we can always have a nice little variety.
- 1 (46 ounce) jar whole dill pickles
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 (1 ounce) packets kool-aid of your favorite kool-aid
- Discard all pickle juice and keep the pickles.
- Cut each pickle in half, lengthwise and then place back in the jar
- In a large measuring cup, combine the sugar, water and Kool-Aid. Mix until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Pour enough of the liquid into the pickle jar to cover the pickles. Discard any excess.
- Cover the jar and refrigerate at least 24 hours.