The dip is almost a complete clone of the standard Queso dip that you find in many Mexican Resturants from around the world. I personally think this is better than most but that could be because everything tastes better when you make it at home.
You can adjust the heat of this dip simply by adjusting your level of peppers that you place within. You can add more chili peppers or even ad some red pepper flakes to really kick it up a notch.
- 1 pound white, deli-sliced American cheese
- ⅔ cup of milk or half-and-half
- 3-4 tablespoons of canned, chopped green chiles or jalapenos
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder (optional)
- If using a slow cooker, turn on to the lowest setting.
- Dump everything in, heat and stir until thickened.
- If using a double boiler, heat the milk, chopped chiles and spices, then gradually add in the American cheese, 1-2 slices at a time, stirring until fully melted and incorporated together