I have to admit I was a little bit hesitant on the Rainbow Grilled Cheese however, I thought why not make it and see how it turns out and tastes. Well not only am I glad that I did but our daughters are super glad that we made it. When I had them pull it apart, they couldn’t stop giggling at how magical and creative it was for them. Surely it is something that will leave a lasting impression on them. Let’s get into the recipe shall we.
- 1/3 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/3 cup gruyére, shredded
- 1/3 cup swiss, shredded
- Pink food coloring
- Green food coloring
- Blue food coloring
- Lavender food coloring
- 4 slices brioche bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sprinkles, to garnish
- In a bowl, mix together mozzarella, gruyère, and swiss cheese. Divide between four bowls, and tint each with a different food coloring.
- Slice brioche and heat up a griddle or skillet to medium-high heat. Meanwhile, spread butter on one side of the four pieces of bread.
- Place two pieces butter-side down on the griddle. Top with cheese and cover with the other slice of bread, butter-side up. Grill for two to three minutes until cheese has started to melt and bread is toasted. Flip sandwich and grill for another two minutes.
- Remove sandwich from grill, and top with another smear of butter. Cover with sprinkles.
- Enjoy warm!