Who doesn’t love twiced baked potatoes? I mean there is something about them that makes them so amazing. If it wasn’t for all the carbs in potatoes, I would honestly make these for breakfast at least three times a week. My son completely loves these Twiced Baked Breakfast Potatoes and honestly, he does not really care for eggs.
Please let us know how your cooking turned out. We love to see photos of your food. Let’s get into the recipe shall we?
- 2 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed and pricked with a fork all over
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 rashers cooked bacon
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup shredded cheddar
- thinly sliced chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Place potatoes directly on oven rack in the center of the oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender through the center.
- Remove and allow potatoes to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Slice each potato in half lengthwise and hollow each half out, scooping the potato flesh into a mixing bowl.
- Add butter and cream to the potato and mash together until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and stir together.
- Spread some of the potato mixture into the bottom of each hollowed potato skin and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cheese (you may have some remaining mashed potato left to nibble on).
- Add 1 rasher bacon to each half and top with a raw egg.
- Place potatoes onto a baking sheet and return to the oven.
- Lower oven temperature to 375˚F and bake potatoes until egg whites just set and yolks are still runny.
- Top each potato with a sprinkle of the remaining cheese, season with salt and pepper and finish with sliced chives.