If you are a fan of the all time classic Almond Joy then you are going to completely fall in love with these. They are the most delicious thing we have ever made! After this, I will never buy the candy bar from the stores again and I will always have a steady supply pf these around. Once you make them, I recommend hiding them from everyone else in your family. If you do not then you will most likely only get one because everyone else will devour them 🙂
Onenote is use parchment paper when making these because it is critical to the success.
- 1 14 oz bag sweetened coconut flakes
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup chopped lightly salted almonds I used Blue Diamond Low Sodium Lightly Salted – light blue bag
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk regular or fat-free works
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine coconut, chocolate chips, almonds, and sweetened condensed milk.
- Stir until combined.
- Scoop out dough with a cookie scoop onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Moisten the tips of your fingers with water and shape into discs. Pat the tops flat.
- Bake cookies for 12 to 14 minutes or until tips of coconut are just starting to turn golden brown.
- Let cool on the baking sheet.
- Store cookies in an airtight container.