While this is not really camping friendly unless you are able to weave bacon and cook it on the fire. However, no matter where you decide to indulge yourself upon this masterpiece.. you will be glad you did. Everyone from kids to adults will love this, it has the perfect amount of sweet, without becoming extremely over powering. What I do is before camping, I do up about 20 bacon weaves and then take them on the camping trip and every night the family enjoys one each.. okay sometimes more than one or two lol
- 1 – 8 ounce package of your favorite Bacon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 extra large marshmallows
- 2 chocolate bars, broken in half
- 2 graham crackers, broken in half
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Cut bacon slices in half. Approximately 20 pieces.
- Lay two half slices of bacon on cutting board, side by side.
- Weave two additional bacon halves in opposite direction, lattice pattern.
- Carefully move bacon squares onto baking rack, on top of foil lined sheet pan.
- Sprinkle brown sugar.
- Repeat. You will have 4 bacon weaves, and bacon leftover to enjoy.
- Bake 30 minutes or until crisp. Remove from oven. Set aside.
- To build s’more, layer one bacon square, 1/2 graham cracker, 1/2 chocolate bar, toasted marshmallow, and second bacon square.
- Cut in half. Cut along break lines of graham cracker and chocolate bar.
- These are very hearty, so a half is plenty!