Takes me right back to my childhood. While growing up my grandma use to make this atleast minimum once a month. I haven’t had the pleasure of making it since she passed away, well… a couple days ago, I was going through her cookbooks that my mom obtained. Few recipes down in her HUGE pile of index cards, sat a simple recipe that I simply was able to taste once I seen what it was.
So fast forward to today and I believe I need to share it with everyone! I think she would love to know that others out there are enjoying grandmas recipes.
- 1 (29-ounce) can Dole fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, drained and rinsed
- 1 (1-ounce) box cheesecake flavor Sugar-Free Jell-O pudding
- 8 ounces Daisy sour cream
- 3 cups Cool Whip
- 1 cup Jet-Puffed miniature marshmallows
- Drain all fruit. If fruit was packed in syrup, rinse in cold water and drain.
- Combine fruit cocktail, pineapple, mandarin oranges and cherries in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with cheesecake flavored pudding mix and stir to coat.
- Add in sour cream and Cool Whip and stir well.
- Fold in marshmallows and chill for at least one hour before serving.