No one makes a better custard pie than Grandma. Well here is the recipe that she is willing to share with the world and oh my gosh this is way better than I remember it. Brings me back down memory lane everytime.
- 1 unbaked pie shell (I use Marie Callender’s deep dish)
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- 2-2/3 cups of milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
How to prepare :
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat your eggs slightly, then add sugar, salt, nutmeg, and milk.
- Beat well and poor into the unbaked pie shell.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Sprinkle the top of pie with fresh ground nutmeg and serve.