Who doesn’t love tacos.. i mean right? Then who doesn’t love a fresh warm apple pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on tip? Now we have one of the best recipes for a dessert that we have ever had the pleasure of presenting. For those hot summer days which are right around the corner, this is the recipe that will be on everyone’s list.
- 4 Apples peeled & sliced
- ½ C Sugar
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- ½ C Water
- Tortilla’s (flour) 6″ size
- Oil (for frying tortillas)
- 1/2 c sugar-cinnamon mixture
- Whipped cream
- Place apples, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and water in a pan.
- Stir until well blended
- Cover and cook on medium stirring frequently.
- For 10 minutes or until apples are semi soft.
If needed, thicken sauce using:
- 1 Tbsp of cornstarch
- 3-4 Tbsp of water.
- Mix into sauce and stir until thickened.
- Heat oil on medium heat in a skillet and holding the tortilla folded in half
- Place the bottom on tortilla in the oil for a few seconds.
- Lay it on one side until browned and then place other side down until browned.
- Remove from oil and Sprinkle browned tortilla with sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Fill taco shells with apple pie filling and top with whipped cream, and sprinkle a little more of sugar-cinnamon mixture on top.