With recent popularity on different versions of grills cheese, we figured we would continue our adventure during this quaintine to continue and find different types of grilled cheese sandwiches and honestly we share them with you afterwards. For example with this sandwich you could sub a few things around for whatever you might actually have at your house. Like regular wheat bread instead. Anyways lets take a look at this fantastic sandwich.
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 slices sour dough bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup jack and cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons guacamole, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon tortilla chips, crumbled (optional)
- Cook the bacon until crispy and set aside on paper towels to drain.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread, sprinkle half of the cheese onto the unbuttered side of one slice of bread followed by the guacamole, bacon, tortilla chips, the remaining cheese and finally top with the remaining slice of bread with the buttered side up.
- Grill over medium heat until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2-3 minutes per side.
Now I would like to add that I did do a couple modifications after I made mine. The main one was I choose not to use tortilla chips. Didn’t want the extra carbs and my bacon added more than enough crunch for me.
Also I think we could do a few other modifications next time. like possible add a few slices of tomatoes.