With all the different options for corn on the cob, I am not sure how we never thought about this a little bit sooner. Such an amazing idea and taste that I feel ashamed that I have never thought of this. After you try it please let us know what you think about it.
- 5 ears Corn
- 10 slices Bacon
- 1 tsp Black pepper fresh ground
- 1/4 cup Butter (optional) melted
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- Remove husks and silk from corn. Rinse and dry.
- Wrap each ear of corn with 2 pieces of bacon, and secure with toothpicks. Don’t wrap too tightly because while the bacon cooks it will shrink and fall off corn.
- Preheat smoker to 375 degrees with the lid closed. Place corn on the grill and close lid.
- Allow to cook for about 45 minutes or until the bacon has cooked to your crispiness liking. Depending on the thickness of the bacon you use will vary cooking time plus or minus about 10 minutes.
- Remove corn from smoker, drizzle with melted butter and dust with pepper and chili powder.