There is just something about Pesto that hits me just right. I am not 100% sure what specifically but I have always loved chicken pesto sandwiches on panini bread. So when I came across this recipe I knew instantly that I would be in heaven! Next time I make it though, I am going to swap out the noodles with homemade zucchini noodles and it will increase the flavor even more and cut back on the carbs associated with pasta noodles
- 200 g dry spaghetti
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- juice of one lemon
- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions, until al dente. Drain in a colander.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a food processor and puree into a creamy and thick paste.
- Add to drained pasta and toss to combine. If you find the sauce to be too thick, add a little bit of water.