Simple and easy recipes are my favorite. Even more of a favorite when it is something that is healthy. I have recently switched out all pasta noodles for zucchini noodles and actually planned about 10 zucchini plants in our garden this year. Needless to say I have found a new obsession with zucchini. Prior to a year ago, I never knew so much could be done with the vegetable. Another bonus is the kids love the zucchini recipes. Well lets get to the recipe.
- 4 medium zucchini, ends removed and shredded
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup pecorino cheese, grated
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- handful of parsley, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- peanut oil for frying
- salt, for taste
- black pepper, for taste
- Shred the zucchini
- Mix the zucchini, onion, garlic, cheese, eggs, 3/4 cups of bread crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper together with your hands.
- Make balls with the zucchini mixture about the size of a golf ball.
- Cover the balls in the remaining bread crumbs and add a little mozzarella to the top of each ball.
- Fry for about 5 minutes or until golden brown in your favorite type of oil. I like to use coconut oil