There comes a time where all we want is to enjoy a comfort food. For me PB and J are definitely a long time comfort food for myself as I grew up on them when I was younger. Definitely one of those items that are commonly overlooked and taken for granted. Even better is you can enjoy the recipe for breakfast or even lunch and dinner. There are no rules to this sandwich
Fast forward to today and I have been making French Toast for breakfast for a while. Well, on morning my son said he wanted a Peanut Butter and Jelly for breakfast instead of the French Toast. So we decided to combine the two and this is what we ended with. If you make this recipe, please do share on social media and use the hashtag #OhDip that way we can see what your food looks like. Can also join our facebook group.
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons apple butter
- 4 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Powdered Sugar for dusting
- Spread the peanut butter and apple butter onto the bread to form two PB&J sandwiches.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter.
- Whisk the egg, milk, cinnamon, and pinch of salt together in a shallow bowl until no egg streaks remain.
- Dip both sides of one of the sandwiches into the egg mixture, then transfer to the pre-heated pan. Fry for 2-3 minutes per side until golden. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of butter to the pan, then repeat the dipping and cooking process with the second sandwich.
- Slice sandwiches on an angle and serve.