A blissful hint of Garlic with bite size potatoes and steak.. what is there not to love? We have an amazing dish that will satisfy all your craving needs(except for chocolate lol). Depending on how many people you are cooking for, I recommend maybe making a little bit extra because everyone will be wanting seconds and if anyone is like me, then they would rather enjoy this also as a nice midnight snack.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 pound waxy potatoes, such as Yukon gold or baby red, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Add the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the potatoes, garlic, thyme, and rosemary, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 3 minutes. Stir, and cook until potatoes are fork tender, about 3 minutes more. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Turn heat up to high and add remaining butter. Season steak bites liberally with salt and pepper, add to pan, and let sear for 1 minute. Stir and continue cooking steak until browned and cooked to desired doneness.
- Add potatoes back to skillet, stir and top with parsley and chives.