Over my years I have tried several different ways of enjoying Jalapeno Poppers. Any time we go out to eat somewhere and I see the poppers as an option, I have to try them every time. To be honest in my opinion most places you get them from they just down right suck. There are not that good nor appealing to the taste buds. However, when it comes to making them at home, there are many different great options. The following recipe is one of our personal favorites. Also if you are short on time you could buy some of the precooked bacon.
- 1 tube crescent rolls
- 1/2 pound bacon (or use the precooked packaged bacon)
- 3 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1 (8 oz) block of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ranch dressing (optional), for serving
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook bacon, If you’d like, cut the bacon up in pieces (I used kitchen scissors) and then cook it.
- Cut up jalapenos. Be sure to remove seeds. (If you are sensitive to jalapenos, you may want to wear gloves while doing this).
- Now begin separating your crescent rolls into triangle shapes.
- On each triangle, put a shmear of cream cheese. I like a lot of cream cheese so I put about 1/2 tbsp. or so on each one.
- Then put a piece of jalapeno, followed by some cooked bacon.
- Roll them up into bundles. Just do your best to close all the seams so the cream cheese doesn’t run out while baking.
- Now place all your bundles on your baking sheet (seam side down). I usually only cook one set at a time.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes (or until golden brown).
- Take them out and serve warm.