Who doesn’t love the all time american classic.. chili cheese dogs.. or where I am originally from we called them coney dogs. Well… we are now taking them to the next level. We have really been experimenting with grilled cheese sandwiches lately and also testing will a lot of different Pillsbury flaky pastry stuff. We definitely have a winner on our hands with this amazing concept. Let’s dive into it
- 1 can (14 to 15 oz) chili, heated
- 1 can Pillsbury™ refrigerated classic pizza crust
- 4 Cheddar cheese sticks
- 4 all-beef hot dogs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley flakes
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Spray glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pour hot chili into dish; spread evenly.
- Unroll dough; cut into 4 strips.
- Cut 1 cheese stick in half lengthwise; place 1 half on each side of hot dog.
- Wrap pizza dough strip around cheese and hot dog, overlapping slightly in center.
- Repeat with remaining dough strips, cheese sticks and hot dogs.
- Place wrapped hot dogs on top of hot chili. (Chili must be hot.)
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until dough is light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in small microwavable cup, microwave butter on High until melted. Stir in garlic powder and parsley.
- Remove baking dish from oven.
- Brush on top of each cheese dog with butter mixture. Serve immediately.