Zucchini is one of my all time favorite types of vegetables. Every summer, I grow a great number of these in our garden that way we have an abundance of them all summer long. I really enjoy having them out on the grill too. However, just the other day I decided to try it a different way and OMG by far the best EVER!
- olive oil spray
- 2 medium zucchini (about 1 pound total)
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cups dry bread crumbs (plain, such as panko)
- 1 pinch sea salt
Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Coat two baking sheets lightly with cooking spray or thinly with olive oil.
- Slice zucchini into slightly-less-than 1/4-inch thick rounds; if they feel especially wet, spread them on a towel while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat first egg white with 1 teaspoon water to loosen it.
- Combine cheese, crumbs, salt and pepper in a separate bowl.
- Dip each zucchini coin in egg white, letting excess run off before gently dipping them in parmesan mixture.
- Arrange in single layer on baking sheets.
- If additional egg white is needed, prepare it the same way, with 1 teaspoon of water.
- If additional crumb mixture is needed, make a few spoonfuls at a time, matching the volume of crumbs and cheese.