Do you love pickles like I do? If I could, I would add pickles to anything and everything. Comment if you are one of the pickle lovers that can drink the pickle juice straight. I will give you props because I can not stomach that.
The recipe takes a bit of a different approach on our grilled cheeses and makes it into a baked dish and it works together very well.
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 1 cup diced dill pickles
- 1/2 cup crumbled bacon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 12 slices bread
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Dump shredded chicken, diced dill pickles, crumbled bacon, salt, pepper and ranch dressing into a mixing bowl.
- Stir until all of the ingredients are fully combined.
- Spread all of the slices of bread with the margarine.
- Cut the slices of bread in half.
- Place half of the pieces of bread, margarine side down, in a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle 2 cups of the shredded cheese on top of the bread in the baking dish.
- Spoon the dill pickle chicken mixture on top of the cheese and spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining 2 cups of shredded cheese on top of the chicken.
- Place the remaining bread pieces, margarine side up, on top of the cheese.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake the casserole until the bread is golden brown on top. 20-24 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!