We have an obsession with asparagus.. there are so many different ways to prepare them.. one of our most favorite ways is the Cheesy Baked Asparagus However, now that we have added this one to our recipe index, it is a very close call between the two. Our family loves cheese but we also love our flaky pastry items. Making this recipe one tough nut to crack on which is better. If you try both the recipes, please comment below and let us know which of the two are your favorite.
- 12 asparagus spears, cleaned, trimmed and blanched
- 1 1/4 cups finely shredded BelGioioso Asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 6 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
- Heat oven to 425˚F.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a clean cutting board.
- Brush with butter and sprinkle with 1 – 2 tablespoons of BelGioioso Asiago.
- Repeat with one more piece of phyllo dough.
- Cut phyllo dough into 4 equal pieces and wrap one piece of asparagus in each piece of phyllo.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Repeat this process with remaining ingredients.
- Sprinkle remaining Asiago on wrapped asparagus.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until phyllo is lightly browned.
- Serve immediately.