Who doesn’t love some Mac and Cheese? Even more so when it is homemade Mac and Cheese. Well now we have decided to make mac and cheese a little more portable. See my son completely loves mac and cheese and once I started making these, he asks from them every week.
-Update- Just this week I started playing around with the recipe and I have added chopped pieces of bacon into the mac and cheese balls and OMG they are even better than before. So we will do an updated recipe with this soon.
- 3 cups macaroni and cheese, homemade(Is always better) or store-bought
- 2 cups vegetable oil, or more, as needed
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups Panko
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Place macaroni and cheese into the refrigerator until firm, about 3-4 hours.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Using a small cookie scoop, roll macaroni and cheese into 1 1/4-to-1 1/2-inch balls, forming about 12.
- Working one at a time, dip balls into eggs, then dredge in Panko, pressing to coat.
- Working in batches, add balls to the Dutch oven and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve immediately, garnished with chives, if desired.