When it comes down to bread, many people are a little worried about it due to the sheer number of carbs that it contains. However, if you cheat day is coming or you simply just like food much like me then this one will be a HUGE hit with any and every family. We do not make this as often as we should but whenever we do, it never stays on the table for long. We have to make two everytime simply because everyone comes back and wants some seconds.
- 1 loaf Italian bread (I used Everything flavored)
- 1 Cup mayo
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 4-5 basil leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 Tablespoon pepperoncini brine from the jar
- 1/4 Cup red onion, sliced
- 1/4 Cup pepperoncini pepper slices
- Assorted salamis
- Sliced provolone
- Sliced mozzarella
- Sliced muenster cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the bread at 1-inch intervals, but don’t slice all the way through the bottom.
- Mix the mayo, onion powder, garlic powder, parsley, basil, oregano, thyme, and the pepperoncini brine together.
- Spread this mixture down in between the sliced parts of the bread.
- Alternating the cheese varieties, shove a slice of cheese into each cut.
- Then alternating the salami varieties, shove about five slices into every other cut.
- Shove the pepperoncini slices and red onion slices into the remaining cuts, meaning the cuts with no salami in it.
- Wrap the whole thing tightly with foil and bake about 25-30 minutes or until the outsides are a little crispy and the cheese is all melted.