If you are a fan of Jalapeno anything then you have came to the right place. Here is where your deepest dreams finally come true. We have discovered….. Jalapeno Popper Casserole. It is the best casserole we have ever had the pleasure of eating and making. However, it does look similar to our Chicken Bacon Ranch Potato dish but it is very much different.
Also if you haven’t tried out Jalapeno Grilled Cheese Sandwich then you might want to save that one also.
- 2 – 8 oz packages of cream cheese, softened at room temperature.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups Mexican Cheddar Jack Shredded Cheese, divided
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 Jalapeno Peppers, deseeded and diced
- 1 – 2 lb. bag of tater tots
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a casserole dish with tater tots. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- While the tater tots are baking, cook bacon, blot fat away, and crumble into small pieces. Dice the peppers and slice the onions.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, 1½ cups of Cheddar jack cheese, bacon (save a little bit for the topping), diced Jalapeno peppers, and most of the sliced onions (save a few for the top). Stir to thoroughly combine ingredients.
- Spread the jalapeno mixture over the top of the tater tots.
- Top with remaining ½ cup of cheese. Sprinkle the extra bacon pieces and onion slices over the top.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.