Do you like grilled cheese like we do? We have had several different types of grilled cheeses presented on out website. A quick search in the search box on our site will show how much we love our grilled cheeses.
Anyways I believe that the Jalapeno Popper Grilled cheese byfar takes the cake as the winner of everything! It is such an amazing sandwich that just typing this article about it makes me want to go into the kitchen and make the family some more of these. Really they are amazing!
It is a perfect combination of gooey cream cheese on a baked jalapeno slice and then wedged between two pieces of bread with some cheese. Personally for this recipe I baked our bacon in the oven that way it has a nice even cook to it. Now lets look at this recipe.
Please do note, you need to wear gloves while handling jalapenos
- 2 Jalapenos sliced lengthwise seeds and membranes removed
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 slices bacon crispy cooked
- 2 slices monterey jack
- 2 slices sharp cheddar
- 4 slices Italian bread
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Stuff each jalapeno half with approximately 1 ounce of cream cheese. Bake stuffed jalapenos on cookie sheet for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Place 1 slice each cheddar cheese on 2 bread slices. Place 1 slice each Monterey Jack on 2 bread slices. Each sandwich will have both kinds of cheese. Slice the cooked stuffed jalapenos into bite size pieces. Divide the jalapeno slices between the 2 slices of bread with cheddar. Add the 4 slices bacon to the slices of bread with Monterey Jack. If desired add chopped cilantro to one side. Combine the slices of bread to form 2 sandwiches.
- Butter one side of each piece of bread, Place in skillet over medium low heat butter side down. Now grill each side until lightly browned. Cheese should be melted and gooey.
Recipe adapted from SmallTownGirl