You have to hand it to disney, one thing they definetly know how to do is create some amazing different types of food. Last time I was there I had this amazing Mac and Cheese Cone and since they are closed at the time of writing this, we decided we would make our own copycat of what I remember. Are you ready for this?
- 6 manila folders
- Cooking spray
- 1 tube of pizza dough
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Bacon crumbles
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F.
2. Roll the folders into cones and tape to keep the shape.
3. Wrap the cone in foil so it won’t light on fire in the oven and then spray the foil with cooking spray.
4. Roll out dough on floured surface with the long side facing you. Cut into 12 1 inch strips.
5. Start at the tip of the cone and start rolling the dough strips around the cone. You will probably need two strips per cone.
6. Place cones on greased baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Rotate once halfway through.
7. Gently twist the foil cones to remove them from the dough.
8. Prepare elbow macaroni while cones are baking. Follow box instructions.
9. Heat butter and flour, stir over the heat. Add milk and whisk thoroughly. Add shredded cheese, cream cheese, salt and pepper. Mix.
10. Add macaroni to the sauce and let rest for 10 minutes.
11. Fill each cones with a scoop of mac and cheese and garnish with bacon crumbles.