I don’t know about you but personally I love using the crockpot. We live such busy lives these days that sometimes you do not have time to cook dinner, and no one really wants to eat processed fast-food garbage.
Smothered Pork Chops taste so amazing, that you will forget that you even made them in the crockpot. We strongly recommend pairing them with some mashed potatoes and a vegetable. Personally I love making Cheesy Asparagus as a side for almost everything.
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 1 oz packet onion soup mix
- 1 14 oz can chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup, low sodium
- 1 oz packet dry pork gravy mix
- 1 tsp garlic powder
To thicken gravy:
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp cold water
- In a 5-6 quart oval slow cooker, combine onion soup mix, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup and pork gravy mix.
- Whisk together until combined.
- Season both sides of the chops with a little bit of garlic powder.
- Place pork chops into the slow cooker.
- Do your best to spread them out and cover with the gravy mixture.
- Cover and cook on low about 4-6 hours.
- Just before the pork chops are done – whisk together the corn starch and cold water in a small bowl. Once it is smooth, pour it in with your pork chops in the slow cooker and stir gently.
- Cover and switch the slow cooker to high and cook for another 30 minutes (until gravy has thickened.)