While growing up we made a great amount of Spaghetti and if we were not enjoying moms homemade spaghetti then usually we were enjoying ourselves a grilled cheese. REally though, who does not long grilled cheese sandwiches? Well, now we have mixed the two and something even greater was born out of the experimenting. Give it a try and you will find that it is one of the best sandwiches that you have ever indulge upon.
- 2 slices soft Italian Bread
- 1 tablespoon Butter at room temp
- 1/2 teaspoon Basil
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Finely Grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup
- Bolognese Sauce
- 1 cup Angel Hair Pasta
- Mix the garlic, basil, and butter together.
- Spread this on one side of each slice.
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon Parmesan on buttered side of each slice lightly pressing it into the butter.
- Bring a pot of salt water to a bowl, add the angel hair pasta, and cook until the noodles are your desired tenderness
- Mix the Angel hair with 1/2 cup of bolognese sauce.
- Place one piece of the buttered garlic bread down, buttered side facing down.
- Top with 3 slices of the fresh mozzarella, arranging it so it covers the bread.
- Spread the bolognese covered angel hair over the mozzarella, and top with another layer of mozzarella.
- Add the second slice of bread on top, buttered side facing up.
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat and add the sandwich and cover the skillet.
- There is no need to grease the pan. The key here is to go low and slow with heat, and not to move the sandwich.
- After 5-6 minutes the first side of the sandwich should be golden brown, carefully flip the sandwich, and cover the pan again.
- Toast the second side of the sandwich
- Serve immediately.